VMware Zimbra is an enterprise-class email, calendar and collaboration solution, built for the cloud, both public and private. With a redesigned browser-based interface, Zimbra offers the most innovative messaging experience available today, connecting end users to the information and activity in their personal clouds. Built on the power of VMware’s virtualization and cloud expertise, Zimbra can be deployed in a private cloud as a virtual appliance or hosted in the public cloud, making it easy for IT to deploy, manage and scale at dramatically lower costs compared to legacy solutions.
End Users Seamlessly Connect to Their Personal Clouds
Zimbra provides end users with a feature-rich browser-based experience that enables them to seamlessly and securely connect to their personal clouds on any device or platform. Zimbra’s smarter mailbox helps manage information and activity across their email, voice, social, calendar, address book, tasks and enterprise applications. Zimbra offers anywhere access, both online and offline, and synchs across multiple devices and smartphones (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry), while maintaining compatibility with all existing desktop email and calendar clients.
Zimbra provides the choice of running securely in any private cloud as a virtual appliance or hosted in the public cloud. The software virtual appliance enables IT administrators to instantly deploy their own private email and collaboration cloud on top of VMware vSphere without complex installation and configuration workflows. With an open architecture and APIs, Zimbra integrates seamlessly with existing and new enterprise applications. Zimbra provides out-of-the-box integration with Cisco and Mitel for click-to-call, visual voicemail, call record history, presence and instant messaging; additionally, IT administrators can easily connect Zimbra to their existing unified communications solution or extend Zimbra to work with other third-party unified communication solutions.
- Advanced, Integrated Web Experience
- Integrated Unified Communications
- Simplified Administration
- Zimbra Desktop and Desktop Clients
Advanced, Integrated Web Experience
- Boost productivity with an innovative, robust browser-based interface, that provides natural conversation, support for rich compose and cut and paste, sophisticated calendaring and a new dedicated search tab with common and easy-to-customize filters.
- Easily send and receive authenticated and encrypted email messages.
- Comprehensive search-based inbox, including within attachments and saved search folders.
- Integrated email, contacts, calendaring plus sharing and delegation control.
- Productive document management, check in/out, instant sharing of documents and folders.
- Calendar wizard finds optimal group meeting times and is interoperable with Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010.
- Customized “collaboration hub” integrating external applications and web services – such as maps, Facebook, Twitter, flight schedules, and enterprise applications such as Oracle or SAP.
Integrated Unified Communications
- Out-of-the-box integration with Cisco and Mitel for click-to-call, visual voicemail, call record history, presence and instant messaging.
- Extend Zimbra to work with other third-party unified communication solutions through the Zimbra SDK.
- Simplified task-oriented AJAX Web Administration Console enables anywhere administration.
- Integrated anti-spam, anti-virus and directory services (LDAP, Active Directory).
- Real-time mailbox backup and restore; native hierarchical storage management (HSM).
- Cross-mailbox discovery and archiving for regulatory compliance.
- Manage end-user features, quotas, storage policies via Class-of-Service (CoS).
- Migration Wizards enable customers to rapidly and easily migrate from Microsoft Exchange and IBM Domino environments to Zimbra.
- Application monitoring and performance management with VMware vFabric Hyperic.
Zimbra Desktop and Desktop Clients
- Get the same powerful Zimbra experience offline with Zimbra Desktop, the free email client for Windows, Mac or Linux desktops.
- Aggregates Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL, Hotmail and other POP/IMAP accounts.
- Sync Gmail, Yahoo! Address Book and Calendar.
- MAPI synchronization to Outlook 2003/2007/2010 with full delegate, offline access and support for S/MIME.